Thursday, December 30, 2010

Clothespins

Well, I did it.  I actually made the Christmas card wreath!  Well sort of.  I guess it's not a wreath at all.  So I guess I should say that I didn't make the wreath, but I did make something to hold my Christmas cards!  There was only a week left until Christmas, so I figured it was a little too late for the wreath.  Instead I decided to make something that would last year round.  It will mostly collect bills and coupons I want to save, but hey-that's alright!  Drum roll please...

And without the cards...

 It's basically some wire and clothespins.  Those are bottle caps with scrapbook paper filled with resin.  There's a big fat magnet glued to the back too.  I made those months ago, and I just rummaged around for other things to jazz up my bare wire. 
.
So anyway, that's what became of my wreath.  But the real focus of all this are the clothespins.  I'm not about to take the credit, although I wish it were my idea.  But I got the idea from here.  Etsy.com is an awesome website.  I keep telling myself that maybe one day I will try to sell something.  Today is not that day.  None the less, while these are probably selling like hot cakes, naturally I made my own.  You can buy a bag of 100 clothespins at the Dollar General.  The paper I already had.  I didn't bother with mod podging them on there (although that probably would have been best).  I just used a glue stick and that's suits me just fine.  I love these!  I have them hanging from the ceiling of my kids' school room to display their art.  It'd also be easy to hot glue a magnet to the back and stick them on the fridge.  Fancy chip clips?  Clip a card to a gift bag?  Wear them in your hair?  ...well that may be pushing it.  My point is, how is it that just a plain ole clothespin could be so stinkin cute?  

No comments:

Post a Comment